Saturday, August 11, 2012

Video in the Classroom

I'm pretty interested in having my kids use video for their assessments.  It just seems like a really meaningful way for them to review the information, practice skills of researching, writing, and editing, and be creative.  As an added bonus, the finished products are much more fun to present to classmates and parents.  So, I was happy to see this post over at Free Technology for Teachers.  Richard Byrne discusses 5 video projects that you can do with your students.  When I taught 4th grade, I had my students work on some slide videos which sounds similar to the Common Crafty style videos he mentions.  I think my first graders will be able to handle this type of project too later in the year.  I know I definitely need to try out Animoto as well. Many teachers around my school are using it, but I have yet to test it out.
Do you all use any specific types of video projects?  What do you think is the best for young students? 

No comments:

Post a Comment