Friday, June 29, 2012

Pinterest and Instagram

Richard MacManus posted the article "Top Trends of 2012: The Visual Web" on ReadWriteWeb.  The article discusses the popularity of Pinterest and Instagram as being big contributors to the emergence of the visual web.  I found the post interesting since Pinterest and Instagram are both some of my favorite social networking sites.  Even though Pinterest is predominantly used by females, it has still had a really great year with lots of growth!  I know I find lots of teaching and classroom ideas there.  If fact, my biggest board is definitely the "school" one.  While I don't use Instagram for school (yet), it too has really taken off, especially since Facebook acquired it.  The article talked about how people aren't calling great pictures "Kodak moments" anymore, but "Facebook moments" instead.  While I haven't started saying that yet, I do ask people if the photos they take are "gram worthy." Ha!

Do any of you use Instagram at school?


Just for fun, here is one of my recent Instagram pics. :)



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment